Giveaway – Hops!
If you are listed below, congrats! Please email us (email@example.com) your name and address of where to send the Hops! Thanks for participating!
- Sue H. - Posted October 11, 2013 at 1:48 am, “I read a lot in the evenings and watch TV with my husband.”
- Natalie - Posted October 11, 2013 at 2:39 am, “Great info about hops. I have the toughest insomnia situation of anyone I have ever met and would love to see if this could help me. Fall and Winter evenings are great for cozy reading with a blanket, or watching TV.”
- Lorna - Posted October 11, 2013 at 3:05 am, “Hops for insomnia?! Who knew! Wonderful information, thank you! Longer winter evenings… are for putting children to bed earlier and reading a good book before turning in early myself.”
- Michael Beard - Posted October 11, 2013 at 5:10 am, “I’ve made tinctures of a lot of herbs. This is one that I haven’t thought about yet. It makes me think of a beer with vodka. That’s sure to help anyone sleep.”
- Ameena J - Posted October 11, 2013 at 12:20 pm, ”Thats when all my paints, material, glue gun, and craft projects come out, while simmering vegetable stew and soup on the stove! Cozy, comfy, family days.”
- Dean Doba October 11, 2013 at 3:09 pm, “We spend more time in the backyard sitting and talking with friends and family. It’s our favorite time of year here in Houston.”
- Valerie F - Posted October 11, 2013 at 8:43 pm, “I like to be a nutrition nerd! and find interesting holistic tidbits wherever I can : )”
- Annette - Posted October 13, 2013 at 4:16 pm, ”I love to cook and the longer evenings make it that much easier. It’s too cold to be out late, so being inside making a pot of soup is how I like to finish the day.”
Fall. . .this is the season that we experience the time change, and with it, some people find that their sleeping patterns are thrown a little out of whack. We’d love to be able to help out with that!
Hops have been used for ages as a calmative and sedative, helping even the toughest cases of insomnia out there. It calms the nerves and helps to relax, in the best way that can be done on top of being a non-narcotic. No hang-over type feelings in the morning that many prescription sleeping pill users often experience. And it is not addicting.
Hops has the tendency to be a little bitter, so our favorite way to ingest it is in tincture form. Below is a simple Hops Tincture recipe:
Fill a jar of your choice (with a lid) with dry Hops (as full as you can get it, while still allowing room for the liquid to follow). Next, take vodka and fill the jar almost all the way to the top, then secure the lid. Let the Hops steep for 6-8 weeks. Strain off the Hops flowers and save the liquid. Use as needed.
Now for the giveaway!
We are giving away 8 – 1 lb bags of the Hops herb. Giveaway begins Thursday, October 10, 2013 and will go through Sunday, October 13, 2013, closing at Midnight. Enter to win by leaving us a comment below!
What is your favorite thing(s) to do with your longer Fall/Winter evenings?
Small Print Stuff:
- Comments can only be left during the giveaway.
- Please leave only one comment per household.
- The morning after the giveaway, we will randomly choose 8 winners from the comments on this page. The winners’ names will be posted at the top of this page and in our next e-newsletter.
- If you are one of the 8 (congratulations, by the way), claim your spoils by e-mailing us with the address you want us to ship to.