Natural Remedies to Repel Fleas
- Grind up some fennel seed in a blender or alike, and spread the powdered fennel everywhere you want to keep fleas out of (dog kennel, kids play area, inside/outside your home, doorways, etc.).
- Add a teaspoon or more of apple cider vinegar to the daily drinking water of any animal as a cure and prevention. This works well for people too in repelling fleas and other biting insects.
- Spread backing soda or borax on carpet / area rugs before vacuuming. It is most effective if you leave it on for a little while, a few hours or overnight before vacuuming it up. We interchange by using backing soda one day and borax the next.
- Consume garlic daily any way you can. Fresh garlic in food is great. Odorless garlic pill will also work. This is good for people and animals.
- Mix in a few drops of Tea Tree essential oil into the soap or bath water when bathing your pet.